Friday 2 March 2012

Happy World Book Day!

...or belated anyway...
just thought I'd share a list (shortlist out of the many) of books I plan to be reading over the next few months...


Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan (I love Tender Morsels and all her short stories)


Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman - big fan of his children's books The Graveyard Book, Coraline and Crazy Hair! and I've read some of his short stories whilst 'working' in the bookshop...


How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran - because she's so cool! (And I got the book for half price from work, plus discount :D )


The Death of Bunny Munro because I love Nick Cave's music and lyrics, and recently read his biography which was...insightful


A Year in the Woods by Colin Elford, because I used to want to be a forest ranger when I was little, and I love the forest.


Automated Alice by Jeff Noon because my boyfriend recommended it to me as I love Alice's Adventures... as it's a postmodern sequel to the original stories...
and finally I'm going to be re-reading...


The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. It is by far my favourite book I've ever read. The characters are so strong and wild. It is about love, but far from being lovely and sentimental, it is violent and shocking. I love the switch between medieval Italy to modern-day America, and all the short stories that are thrown in, based in Japan and Norway etc. Feels like your travelling as you read. 
Brilliant and heartbreaking.

Nina x

No comments:

Post a Comment