Friday 21 September 2012

Girls with wings and tender things

Frida

Have been sewing and sketching like crazy these last few months for an upcoming stall where me and Nina will be selling our crafty stuff, and soon we'll be able to relax and eat chocolate all day without having anything else to finish- phew!

The illustration above is inspired by a character called Frida in one of Nina's story ideas that I love. The one below is a pen and watercolour illustration I've finished just recently, but started last year! Sometimes I'm lazy..


Shy Violet



Here's a poem that I embroidered on a doily, inspired by moths and listening to lots of Bat For Lashes (who me Nina and Clair our friend will be seeing soon, can't wait!)...







...A butterfly embroidered on canvas and cut up bed sheets (bad habit of mine)...



...And here's the first owl I've made with a doily belly! There will definitely be more as I have a whole collection of doilies that I've been picking up as I go along, and I didn't really have any use for them until now. This one I've named Rosie, because the material is floral, though you can't really see it in the photo.



And here's another one with a love heart belly and bush-baby-button-eyes...



...And a lil' embroidered love note on the wing :). But before you get the Whitney Houston song stuck in your head, the idea for it came from Lovesong by The Cure <3


Here's another embroidery I did a while ago after a rummage in Hobby Craft where I bought this blue material. At first I was only going to embroider the writing, but while listening to Mazzy Star with Nina she told me I should appliqué on a Mazzy Star-like swan, and even though it was tricky, and took up a lot of my patience, it worked out in the end. Thanks Nina! 





And lastly, a few framed prints of my photography with frames I found in charity shops hehe :)

speaking of photography... there'll be another blog post soon about a photo shoot I did with my friend yesterday, but that's all I'm saying for now. The rest is a surprise <3





-Katie xx

1 comment:

  1. I think their music's great- makes me think of bats and bears and camping like natives in TP's :)

    ReplyDelete