Tuesday 11 September 2012

Wimborne Model Town




On Saturday we took some mushrooms and grew rather tall, then went for a walk around Wimborne village...no, I tell a lie. We went to the toy village and stomped around like giants from up the beanstalk. 







The wee-est book by Anne Rice I ever did see...


A bit forlorn I cannot fit inside...





I nearly bought a nursery rhyme book with illustrations by Arthur Rackham but it was a bit pricey and I thought I better save the pennies. Boy, I wish I'd never listened to Jimminy Cricket on my shoulder there - now I regret not getting it. But we did find some lovely things in charity shops and I bought some lovely coloured embroidery thread and balls of wool for my ill-fated crocheting venture...








I went into a craft shop where the lady who runs it also teaches sewing classes in the evenings after the shop's closed. she took some of my business cards and has asked if I could take some of my stitched poems for her to display on her walls and sell for me. I'm so thrilled! I want to do this more around the local area, not to mention get involved with more craft fairs. I have one coming up on the 22nd at Kinson Community Hall, so as I'm on holiday next week I'm going to be working on a few smaller embroideries...








Katie being all pensive with the daisies behind her...



...my favourite shop, for a few reasons :0) ...



Wimborne is the kind of place where fairies could thrive...

Nina x



No comments:

Post a Comment