Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Lilies scented the night




Tonight I stirred the dust
 With tender breaths
Upon the hollow tombstone.
Each kiss of mine was touched to broken bone,
And each of yours; a graze upon my skin,
With teeth still wedged 
And bruising from within.
Our limbs entwine in deaths embrace,
Our grave a cold and lonely place.
My blood is yours,
And you are mine
For we are damned and dying.

-poem inspired by Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and a dream I once had

***

After listening incessantly to the new album by Bat For Lashes I have now quite an obsession with lilies, and I was inspired to do another photo-shoot with Chelsea, the red-haired model in the first photo, and included this lovely flower in it. We have done a few other shoots since then, but for now I'll just share this one.

-Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment